Friday, October 15, 2004

Last Shall Be First

The fact that I've flown so often that I can most often get upgraded into first class is bittersweet:

It means I've spent a significant amount of time away from my wife and children. To say I love them way more than anything I do on the road would suggest that it's even a debatable question.

On the other hand, I do get free drinks and a hot towel before meals.

So, you know.

By the way, next time you board a plane and make your way to the coach section, sneak a peek at those elite passengers. There's a look in their eyes that seems to say, "You poor, pathetic loser. Get outta my face and get back to the cattle car where you belong." Either that or they're asleep with their eyes open.

4 comments:

Joel said...

Grant, I get to fly first class often and it is not because I travel tremendously or because I am, shall we say ... a balla, but instead because my son works for AA. The only thing more comical than the rich first class folks mean mugging the cattle-car-customers is when a no-money, nobody like me plops down within an inch of their Rolex wearing, botox filled selves. They don't like my kind if you will.

I don't know why either.

I do know this... with all that leg room, one can quite comfortably remove their shoes and socks and procede to give themselves a great foot massage. And those little salt and pepper shakers make great christmas gifts too.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the warm nuts!

Grant Boone said...

Watch the scatalogy, anonymous...

Rob said...

Same here. To soothe my conscious, not about being in J but about being away from my family, a few weeks ago flying to ATL from DFW, I gave my seat to an Army guy who was visiting family in TX before heading back over to Iraq. He was shocked. First and last time he said he'd ever fly up there. Funny thing. The pilot was so taken by what I did, he came back to coach and got me and gave me 1B which was left open till just before take off. Not bad. Got the conscious soothed and the hot towel to boot! Yahoo...